Friday, December 25, 2009

12.24

Frankfurt airport - no christmas decorations. But you can buy special holiday grapa gift sets in the duty free shops. Last year when passing through to/from Oman I flew through Schipol and they were quite festive. Chanda, Craig and Evie got a taste of that.

Met a couple of guys from Orange County on their way to Tanzania. Can't remember their names (seriously - I'd been awake for nearly 29 hours - no luck sleeping on the plane) Ayway - he had spent a month studying in Cairo a few years ago and gave me a few tips. Good thing I wrote those down. Oh - and he picked Tanzania just because it's there, and he's got a good chance of seeing a free-roaming lion. Not sure how he's going to do it but will figure it out when he gets there. My kind of people. My was less than daring: Essaouria because they had a ficus tree older than the U.S. Ah well....there's always next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment