Sunday, January 10, 2010

The view from my window

Outside across the street:

straight down:


A lot may be cleared for someone to build on – until then, you find lots of this:


Not sure if they are simply there to secure the land and keep vagrants off or if this is where they live until they are removed. Still - there is no such thing as an empty lot. There is space to build on but there is a family (sometimes extended) living on that lot until then. At least they can pirate electricity from the building next door. I'm not saying it's safe, I'm just saying.

Also – in a shell of a building that has no power/water/doors – just a shell of bricks waiting for plaster – there will be a family living there. Including children. There will be piles of building refuse around which the children are playing in, when they're not helping clean up after the workers have gone. I don't imagine they'll make it to school, but I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment